BAPTISM at First Church
Christians believe that the blood of Jesus Christ, shed on the cross, provides the sole basis for the forgiveness of sin. Therefore, salvation occurs only when a person places his or her faith in the death and resurrection of Christ as the sufficient payment for his or her sin. If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, then you are ready to be baptized. Just like a bride and groom show others their love for one another by wearing wedding bands, your baptism is your opportunity to show others that you have accepted Christ and are now walking with Him.
What Baptism Symbolizes
Baptism is a way of showing others that you have entered into a relationship with Jesus Christ. It symbolizes what took place in your heart at the time of salvation:
- Accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Shared in His death and resurrection, illustrated by going under the water (dead to your old life), then rising again (new life).
- Were symbolically washed clean, and sins were forgiven by His death on the cross.
Because the Bible instructs us (Acts 2:38) to be baptized, baptism is an act of obedience. While it is not necessary for salvation, it demonstrates submission to God. Baptism does not make you a believer, rather it shows that you already believe.
Whenever physically possible, we immerse at First Church because we believe Scripture shows that Jesus modeled that for us as the way to publicly acknowledge our faith in Him.
The Baptism Process
The baptism process at First Church is simple:
- Communicate with the pastoral staff of your desire for baptism via phone or email (817.297.7003 / firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Attend the Baptism preparation class scheduled prior to the baptismal service.
- Prepare your written testimony with the guidelines provided at the class.
- Solicit a loved one to read your testimony publicly prior to your baptism.
- Be baptized!
Next Baptism Classes - April 18, 2021 Register Here!
Next Baptism Service - April 25, 2021
MEMBERSHIP at First Church
Church membership is both an honor and a privilege at First Church. Learn all about it at our next Membership Class! This class is for anyone interested in learning about the beliefs and vision of First Church. This is a must for anyone interested in becoming a member of FWF. The class is a two-session class and is held on Sunday mornings at 9:30am.
The next class will be held the Sundays of February 7 & 14, 2021 in room 223. Register Here.
Next New Member Sunday – February 21, 2021