- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (II Timothy 3:15) and it is eternally reliable in all matters of Christian faith and practice.
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons–Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; Hebrews 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (I Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9), His resurrection (John 11:25; I Corinthians 15:4), His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19) and His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
- We believe that salvation is by grace, through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that repentance from personal sin toward God, faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit is necessary to salvation (John 3:16-21; John 5:24; Romans 3:23, 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those who are saved to the resurrection of life and those who are lost to eternal punishment (John 5:28-29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; I Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14; I Corinthians 3:16, 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30, 5:18).
Marriage, Gender and Sexuality:
- We believe that God wonderfully and unmistakably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Genesis 1:26-27).
- We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Genesis 2:18-25).
- We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (I Corinthians 6:18, 7:2-5; Hebrews 13:4). We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
- We believe that any form of sexual immorality is sinful and offensive to God (Matthew 15:18-20; I Corinthians 6:9-10).
- We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of Nazarene Christian Academy, and to provide a biblical role model to the Nazarene Christian Academy members and the community, it is imperative that all persons employed by Nazarene Christian Academy in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, understand and abide by this Statement of Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality (Matthew 5:16; Philippians 2:14-16; I Thessalonians 5:22).
- We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ (Acts 3:19-21; Romans 10:9-10; I Corinthians 6:9-11).
- We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31). Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scriptures nor the doctrines of Nazarene Christian Academy.
Final Authority for Matters of Belief and Conduct
The statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Nazarene Christian Academy’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our school board is Nazarene Christian Academy’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.
Sanctity of Human Life
We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life (Psalm 139).