Nazarene Christian Academy welcomes your interest in our school! At NCA you will find an environment that encourages a love for learning and the development of Christian character. This document describes the student application process and our Admissions policies. If you have any questions, please contact our Administrative Office at (817)297-7003 ext. 104.
SCHEDULING A TOUR
Come see us first! We encourage you to tour the NCA campus before submitting an application. Tours are available Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. If you have any questions or would like to arrange a classroom visit please call the Administrative Office at (817)297-7003 ext. 104.
COMPLETING THE APPLICATION
We accept applications at any time for the current academic year, with the exception of seniors, who must attend the full senior year. Applications may be submitted in January and later for the following academic year. For each student applying, please:
- Complete the application for each child.
- Attach the application fee (per student). Checks should be made payable to Nazarene Christian Academy.
- Include a copy of the student’s birth certificate (copy MUST show seal).
- Include the most recent report card.
- Include the student’s most recent standardized test results if available. Your student’s school will have this information if you do not. (N/A to kindergarten students)
- Sign and date the Statement of Cooperation for Parents or Guardians. The document acknowledges that you have read and are in agreement with NCA Philosophies and Policies, which establish that parents accept and support Christian Education.
- Other forms needed at time of application are the Pastoral Recommendation, the Physical/Medical History form, and your child’s immunization record.
- Return this information to the Administrative office, 2001 E. Main Street, Crowley, TX 76036. All paperwork must be submitted before we are able to schedule the family interview.
Upon completing the entrance examination, the Principal’s office will contact you for your family interview. Family interviews are with the Principal. Both parents are required to attend with their student(s). This is the time to get to know our distinctive education program, our administration, to state your reasons for seeking enrollment at NCA, and discuss your child’s curriculum, extracurricular interests, special needs and expectations for student life.
After the previous steps have been completed, your student’s file is reviewed by the Admissions Committee. Parents will be notified in writing of your child’s acceptance or non-acceptance.
- School records and entrance testing are considered in establishing the potential academic success of each candidate.
- Students transferring from other schools must provide a transcript of academic achievement, and health records. All immunizations records and physical examinations must meet state and local school district guidelines.
- Prospective Kindergarten students must be at least 5 years of age by September 1st of the school year.
- Prospective First Grade students must be at least 6 years of age by September 1st of the school year.
- Nazarene Christian Academy admits students of any race, color, religion, national and ethnic origins.
- The families of accepted students will be notified by mail.
- Medical history, emergency information and family data forms must be completed and filed with the Administrative office before the Family Interview to complete the student’s file.
- Arrangements for book & material fees and tuition payment must be made with the Business Office.
Nazarene Christian Academy is a traditional school, using A Beka curriculum with a Scope and Sequence that meets and exceeds the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills standards of the Texas Administrative Code 117, adopted on April 11, 1997. NCA is affiliated with the Association of Christian Schools International. We are accredited by the Accreditation Commission of the Texas Association of Baptist Schools, which is one of the officially recognized Accrediting Associations of the State of Texas Education Agency.